The Municipal Community Grants Program (MCGP) 2020, which is made possible through funding from Prince Edward County in partnership with The County Foundation (TCF), has opened their application window which started Dec. 15, 2019.
The grants, which are for non-profit and community-based organizations, use the grants for projects which enhance the County’s quality of place and the local economy.
The due date for applications is Feb. 5, 2020 and late submissions not to be considered.
TCF will administer the following municipal grants programs with the Grants up to $5,000 in cash and in-kind. Max $2,500 in cash. Grants for $1,000 or less, in-kind only. And new this year is Grants over $5,000.
The purpose for the MCGP is to improve the well-being and quality of life of the community and its residents, through financial assistance to non-profit community based organizations which provide programs and services in the arts, culture, heritage, recreation, environment, health, and human services.
They also want to promote the self-sufficiency of community non-profit groups and programs by encouraging those in receipt of funding from this grants program to become self-supporting.
During the selection process preference is given to new initiatives, but a promising program may receive more than one grant in its early years provided there is evidence the program is developing successfully. An established program may receive a grant when it faces a new opportunity or an unexpected problem
The MCGP is open to:
- Non-profit organizations that support and provide programs and services in the following areas: arts, culture, heritage, recreation, environment, health and human services.
- Only one request per non-profit organization will be considered in a fiscal year.
- School boards;for non-profit businesses; service clubs; sectarian, religious or political entities; and individuals are not eligible.
- All applications are encourages to seek a consultation with the TCF in advance or preparing their application.
The MCGP will not, under any of the following circumstances fund any projects or groups, where:
- the funding is considered primary and/or covers operation costs in day-to-day administration;
- activity takes place outside of PEC;
- grant is to fund a deficit or funding shortfall;
- the application and component pieces are deemed to be incomplete;
- provide endowment funds;
- any previous granted funds are not fully reconciled and all reports received;
- the applying organization does not meet eligibility criteria;
- annual fund drives and fundraising activities for sustaining support;
- Where the organization does not meet General Granting Conditions, which can be found here, https://thecountyfoundation.ca/grants-funds/general-granting-conditions/, set out by TCF.
Applications can be sent to: Suite 103, 280 Main St., Picton, On K0K 2T0
For the MCGP application form please visit https://thecountyfoundation.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Municipal-Grant-Application-2020.pdf
For more information please go to https://thecountyfoundation.ca/grants-funds/municipalgrants/ or call 613-476-7901 ex.218 or email email@example.com
For TCF branding information and guidelines please visit https://thecountyfoundation.ca/about-us/branding-guidelines/