A local man is facing a number of child pornography and luring charges after a search warrant was executed on a Picton residence.
On Saturday May 9, 2020 members from the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Prince Edward County Detachment Crime Unit made an arrest in relation to an investigation regarding online activity.
Earlier this year, the OPP received reports of inappropriate activity on social media. An investigation was conducted and a search warrant was executed on a Picton residence.
As a result of the investigation, Timothy Jackson, 27, of Picton was charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Transmit sexually explicit material to a person under 18 – 171.1(1)(a)
- Luring a person under 18 years of age by means of telecommunication – 172.1(1)(a)
- Imports, distributes, sells or possesses for the purpose of distribution or sale of any child pornography – 163.1(3)
- Possession of child pornography – 163.1(4)
- Access any child pornography – 163.1(4.1)
The accused was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Picton at a later date.