If you’re 60 years of age or older ask yourself if any of the items listed below relate to you?
If they do, then come and join us at a lunch & learn near you.
Who should attend a lunch and learn?
- A person who likes to eat delicious food. The meal is prepared by Bill Grieve, the chef of Wheelhouse & Occasions Catering and is available for the reasonable price of $10.00.
- A person who enjoys meeting others in the community. Community members are often wonderful resources for information to those new to the community, or those who have yet to explore it fully.
- A person who likes to learn new things. The learning portion of each Lunch & Learn features presentations and/or interactive activities that guests can participate in. Continuous learning keeps our minds active and healthy.
- A caregiver looking for a stress free lunch in a safe and welcoming environment that is enjoyable for both the caregiver and the person being cared for. One caregiver made the following comment “it is nice to take mom out and not go to a medical appointment. We can both sit down to lunch without either of us preparing it and enjoy the company.”
- A seasonal resident who would like to connect or reconnect with the community now that they are home in The County.
Call The Prince Edward County Community Care for Seniors Association today at 613-476-7493 and get your name on the list to attend one of our many great luncheons.
For the month of June local theatre was highlighted along with all the other wonderful things going on in Prince Edward County this summer.
In July the plan is to have a Christmas feast and craft for our annual “Christmas in July” extravaganza on Wednesday, July 10th in Picton Town Hall. Wear red and green and get in the spirit.
August 7th is a picnic in the park complete with live music from local musicians. Benson Park is the location for this terrific event. Picton Town Hall will be available in case of rainy weather. Guests have until noon the day before any luncheon to reserve a spot. Come on your own or as a group. If you need a ride consider arranging for a driver through Community Care’s transportation program. Alternatively you can call Prince Edward Specialized Transit and make arrangements with them. Call 613-476-7493 for info on either.
We also offer take out or delivery if that suits you better. The Lunch & Learn events are a great opportunity to connect with old friends or make some new friends. Don’t delay, give us a call at the office and get involved.
Guest columnist is Teresa Shephard, a Co-ordinator at Community Care and the organizers of the Lunch & Learn program.