Prince Edward County OPP have announced the laying of charges in separate sexual assault cases in successive days.
On Monday, Members of the OPP Prince Edward County Crime Unit announced they had charged a 30 year-old Picton resident and are concerned there may be other victims in the area
OPP arrested and charged Michael Anstis Monday after receiving information regarding allegations of sexual offences.
The individual was charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
· Sexual assault – 271 – two counts
· Overcome resistance by administering or attempting to administer a drug – 246(b)
· Forcible confinement – 279(2)
· Criminal harassment- threatening conduct – 264(2)(d)
· Fail to comply with undertaking – 145(4)(a)
The accused was held in custody and will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice by video in Belleville on February 2, 2021.
Investigators are concerned there may be similar incidents involving other victims. They ask anyone with information to please call Prince Edward County OPP at 1-888-310-1122.
On Tuesday,] Members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Prince Edward County Crime Unit have laid charges following an investigation in connection to historical sexual offences.
On Jan. 12, 2021, OPP received information regarding allegations of historical sexual offences. On Jan. 30, 2021 officers executed a search warrant and as a result, officers seized a shot gun, a rifle, a collection of external hard drives, computers, a tablet and cameras.
As a result of continued investigation, OPP have charged Terry Carter, 70, from Prince Edward County with the following Criminal Code offences:
· Indecent exposure to a person under 16 – 173(2)
· Invitation to sexual touching under 16 – 152 – two counts
· Possession of child pornography – 163.1(4)
· Sexual interference – 151
· Sexual assault on a person under 16 – 271 – two counts
· Careless storage of a firearm – 86(1)
The accused was released on an undertaking to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Picton at a later date.
Again, investigators are concerned there may be similar incidents involving other victims. If you have any information, please call Prince Edward County OPP at 1-888-310-1122.