A Break-and-Enter in progress Thursday evening at a Macaulay Village home was foiled by members of the Ontario Provincial Police.
Members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Prince Edward County Detachment received a report of a break and enter in progress at an address on Inkerman Avenue.
Officers were assisted by the East Region Emergency Response Team as well as the East Region Canine Unit. As a result, one individual was arrested and one individual fled the scene.
Robyn Kennedy, 38, of Kingston was charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Break and enter a dwelling house with intent to commit indictable offence – 348(1)(a) – two counts
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 – 354(1)(a)
- Theft under $5000 – 334(b)
The accused was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Picton on July 28, 2021
Investigators are asking anyone who may have information regarding this occurrence to call the OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477(TIPS), or submit a tip online at www.crimestoppersquinte.cawhere you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.
In other OPP Police reports:
On Sunday OPP Marine Units were conducting patrol on Wellers Bay. Officers observed parties on Bald Head Beach, a National Wildlife Area which people are prohibited from entering. Officers spoke to an individual who provided identification. Further investigation resulted in officers learning this identification was false.
Michael Shepherd, 58, of Prince Edward County, was arrested and charged with:
- Obstruct peace officer – CC 129(a)
- Failure to have proof of competency on board a pleasure craft – Canada Shipping Act 2001 – Competency of Pleasure Craft Regulations 3(1)(b)
- Operating pleasure craft that is not licensed – Canada Shipping Act 2001 – Small Vessel Regulations 101(a)
- Operating non-human powered pleasure craft without prescribed vessel safety equipment on board – Canada Shipping Act 2001 – Small Vessel Regulations 206(a)
- Enter premises when entry prohibited – Trespass to Property Act 2(1)(a)(i)
The driver was released from custody and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Picton on July 21, 2021.
OPP are reminding boaters that entry to the National Wildlife Area on Bald Head Beach in Wellers Bay is not permitted.