A pair of Prince Edward County residents have an April court date where they will answer to charges of drug trafficking.
On Friday shortly before 4:00 a.m., officers with the Prince Edward OPP were on patrol on County Road 22 in Hallowell Ward and conducted a traffic stop.
While speaking to the occupants of the motor vehicle, officers noted drug paraphernalia in the vehicle and as a result of investigation, both the driver and passenger were arrested.
A quantity of suspected cocaine and heroin was seized as well as two cell phones and assorted drug paraphernalia. Christopher Bronson, 37, and Brittany Muissgnug, 32, from Prince Edward County were arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking- heroine – CDSA 5(2)
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking- cocaine – CDSA 5(2)
- Possession of a credit card – CC 342(1)(c)
- Possession of an identity document – CC 56.1
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 – CC 354(1)(a)
Both parties were released on undertakings and are scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Picton on April 27, 2022.