Each week, the Gazette looks back on stories from the past. Here is what happened this week, by year…
- On Sunday afternoon last, Mr. F.M. Van Blaricom, a well-known and much respected resident passed away at the family residence.
- On Friday last, our collegiate institute held their first field day. The weather conditions were anything but encouraging.
- This past Monday, a serious horse and buggy accident took place near the residence of Mr. Asa Broad, Massassaga Point, in which Miss Broad sustained severe injuries.
- A wolf was caught in a trap on the farm by William Walmsley, R.1, Milford, on Monday by Alton Hineman.
- The auction sale arranged by the I.O.O.F. to benefit Picton Band, drew a large crowd to Carmen Scott’s lot, Elizabeth Street.
- Forcing entry into the Nourse Radio Electric during Monday night, thieves took $129 which had been left in the till.
- Mr. and Mrs. Robin Adair and Sharon spent the weekend in Kitchener.
- Consecon-There will be a rummage and bake sale in the church hall on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
- A Beef Supper will be held at the Ameliasburgh Town Hall this Saturday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Adults $2.00 and children under 12 $1.00.
- The new water system in Fenwood Gardens is about to have more than $2,000 in improvements, a development that will add an extra $40 per household.
- Only one instance of head lice was found in Prince Edward in the recent screening of approximately 3,000 children.
- The Blue Bird Blass is sponsoring a bus trip to the Royal Winter Fair Friday this week.